Chicken is such a weeknight staple for many of us, and if you’ll feeling like your family is getting into a “chicken rut” then hit them with this little gem 🙂 Orange Chicken is a real crowd pleaser at our house. It’s fast, easy and very kid friendly! (Must be the sweet sauce. But hey whatever works!)
A fews ago I treated myself to a wok pan and I must say it makes serving this for a crowd a lot easier. Here’s the one I bought that I’m loving (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate)
Watch the video and let’s cook this together!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new videos post each week!
- 2lbs (900g) Chicken Tenders
- ⅓ cup (35 g) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey or 1 tbsp (15 ml) of Orange marmalade
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sambal Chili Paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp (7.5 ml) orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ginger, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 Scallion, sliced on the diagonal
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced mandarin orange wheel
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces and toss in the corn starch.
- Then prepare the sauce. In a small bowl combine all ingredients and stir.
- Then in a wok or large pan heat the oil until shimmering. Place in chicken in batches browning on all sides, and cooking through.
- Add sauce over chicken and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, scallions and garnish with a sliced mandarin orange wheel.
- Serve with white rice and enjoy!