Looking for something light after the holiday weekend? This one is it! I love this soup recipe because it comes together so quickly and makes for a great weeknight meal!
This soup would be a great starter to my Enchiladas Suizas Recipe!
For a step-by-step demo you can watch my video tutorial below.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe! New videos post each week.
PLEASE NOTE: This video has been sponsored by Swanson®. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe in. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.Print
- 6 cups Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups store-bought* rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 corn tortillas
- *NOTE: If you want to roast the chicken yourself, place 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin on a baking sheet and roast at 375F for 30-35 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Slice tortillas in half then into thin matchsticks. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins until crispy. Set aside to cool and sprinkle with salt.
- In a large pot simmer broth on med low heat, add cumin, red pepper flakes, tomatoes and chicken. Cover and simmer until tomatoes are softened and chicken is cooked through.
- Cut avocado in half. Remove skin. Remove pit. Place halves flat side down and cut into thin slices.
- Add lime juice to soup pot.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with chopped cilantro and 2 pieces of sliced avocado, top with tortilla strips.