Learn how to make an easy Tortilla Chicken Soup Recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight meal!
I love this soup recipe because it comes together so quickly and makes for a great dinner idea that is quick, fast and cheap!
This soup would be a great starter to my Enchiladas Suizas Recipe!
For a step-by-step demo you can watch my video tutorial below.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe! New videos post each week.
PLEASE NOTE: This video has been sponsored by Swanson®. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe in. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.Print
Learn how to make an easy Tortilla Soup Recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight meal!
- 6 cups Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups store-bought* rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 corn tortillas
- *NOTE: If you want to roast the chicken yourself, place 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin on a baking sheet and roast at 375F for 30-35 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Slice tortillas in half then into thin matchsticks. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins until crispy. Set aside to cool and sprinkle with salt.
- In a large pot simmer broth on med low heat, add cumin, red pepper flakes, tomatoes and chicken. Cover and simmer until tomatoes are softened and chicken is cooked through.
- Cut avocado in half. Remove skin. Remove pit. Place halves flat side down and cut into thin slices.
- Add lime juice to soup pot.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with chopped cilantro and 2 pieces of sliced avocado, top with tortilla strips.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: entertaining with beth, SoupRecipes, ChickenRecipes, Soup Recipes