Learn how to make a delicious, veggie packed, minestrone soup recipe. A wonderful Sunday Night Dinner Idea!
WATCH MY VIDEO DEMO BELOW!
Even though spring has sprung, especially out here in Southern California, I know there are few friends and family back east still braving winter’s chill…
For this I have the perfect remedy! My homemade Minestrone Soup Recipe. Hearty, healthy and delicious I love to make a big batch of this on Sunday to last throughout the week.
It’s perfect as a weeknight meal or packed into the lunchbox the next day. Topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese, and roughly chopped Italian parsley, it cannot be beat!
Purchase this beautiful wooden cheese grater in my Shop. Such a lovely piece to bring to the table along side of the soup! (This link goes to Amazon where I am compensated on products sold at no cost to the consumer)
MORE GREAT RECIPES!
- Easy Tortilla and Chicken Soup
- Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Baby Broccoli
- Apple Pie with Raisins and Walnuts
- Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a rating and review below!Print
A veggie packed Minestrone Soup recipe that is as easy as it is delicious!
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup (150 g) of carrots, half moons
- 1 cup (150 g) of celery, chopped
- 1 cup (150 g) of zucchini, chopped
- 1–15 oz (420 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (75 g) of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup (75 g) of French green beans, cut into ½ in pieces
- 1 ½ (210 g) cups of small shell pasta
- 1 (150 g) cup of red potatoes, skin on, diced the same size as your shell pasta
- 10 cups (2 liters + 480 ml) of vegetable broth
- ¼ cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried Italian seasoning (oregano, basil etc)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup (45 g) of parmesan cheese, freshly grated for garnish (1 tbsp per person)
- ½ cup (45 g) of fresh Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish (1 tbsp per person)
- Saute onion until soft and translucent. Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20-30 mins until pasta and potatoes are fork tender and soup has thickened.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, and fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Soup Recipes, Minestrone Soup Recipe, Entertaining with Beth Recipes, Italian Soups, Vegetarian Soup Recipes