Even though spring has sprung, specially out here in Southern California, I know there are few friends and family back east still braving winter’s chill.
For this I have the perfect remedy! My homemade Minestrone Soup Recipe. Hearty, healthy and delicious I love to make a big batch of this on Sunday to eat through the week.
It’s perfect as a weeknight meal or packed into the lunchbox the next day. Topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese, and roughly chopped Italian parsley, it cannot be beat!
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe, with all my tips, you can watch my video below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe!Print
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup (150 g) of carrots, half moons
- 1 cup (150 g) of celery, chopped
- 1 cup (150 g) of zucchini, chopped
- 1-15 oz (420 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (75 g) of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup (75 g) of French green beans, cut into ½ in pieces
- 1 ½ (210 g) cups of small shell pasta
- 1 (150 g) cup of red potatoes, skin on, diced the same size as your shell pasta
- 10 cups (2 liters + 480 ml) of vegetable broth
- ¼ cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried Italian seasoning (oregano, basil etc)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup (45 g) of parmesan cheese, freshly grated for garnish (1 tbsp per person)
- ½ cup (45 g) of fresh Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish (1 tbsp per person)
- Saute onion until soft and translucent. Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20-30 mins until pasta and potatoes are fork tender and soup has thickened.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, and fresh chopped Italian parsley.