Learn how to make a delicious, veggie packed, minestrone soup recipe. A wonderful Sunday Night Dinner Idea!
WATCH MY VIDEO DEMO BELOW!
Even though spring has sprung, especially out here in Southern California, I know there are few friends and family back east still braving winter’s chill…
For this I have the perfect remedy! My homemade Minestrone Soup Recipe. Hearty, healthy and delicious I love to make a big batch of this on Sunday to last throughout the week.
It’s perfect as a weeknight meal or packed into the lunchbox the next day. Topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese, and roughly chopped Italian parsley, it cannot be beat!
MORE GREAT RECIPES!
- Easy Tortilla and Chicken Soup
- Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Baby Broccoli
- Apple Pie with Raisins and Walnuts
- Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a rating and review below!
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 cup (150 g) of carrots, half moons
- 1 cup (150 g) of celery, chopped
- 1 cup (150 g) of zucchini, chopped
- 1-15 oz (420 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (75 g) of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup (75 g) of French green beans, cut into ½ in pieces
- 1 ½ (210 g) cups of small shell pasta
- 1 (150 g) cup of red potatoes, skin on, diced the same size as your shell pasta
- 10 cups (2 liters + 480 ml) of vegetable broth
- ¼ cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried Italian seasoning (oregano, basil etc)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup (45 g) of parmesan cheese, freshly grated for garnish (1 tbsp per person)
- ½ cup (45 g) of fresh Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish (1 tbsp per person)
- Saute onion until soft and translucent. Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20-30 mins until pasta and potatoes are fork tender and soup has thickened.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, and fresh chopped Italian parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 562 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 874mg Carbohydrates: 103g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 24g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g