It’s cherry season and I can’t think of a better way to put these delectable little fruits to good use than with a cherry clafoutis! It’s a super simple dessert idea that comes together quickly!
The hardest part really is pitting all the cherries. You can certainly use frozen cherries that come already pitted, or hook yourself up with a Cherry Pitter, one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! Also works on olives too 🙂 (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate)
Dusted with powdered sugar and served with a dollop of homemade whipped cream, this is an easy summer dessert idea that always gets rave reviews.
For a step-by-step video tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video demo below. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)
- 1 ¼ (300 ml) cup milk
- ¾ cup (90 g) flour
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp Kirsch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- 2 cups (300 g) pitted cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and milk until smooth. Add heavy cream, and eggs, whisk to combine.
- Add sugar, kirsch, vanilla and salt, whisk to combine.
- Place pitted cherries in a single layer in the bottom of a greased 9” skillet or oven safe casserole dish. Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until puffed and golden brown.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve dust clafoutis with powdered sugar and serve with homemade whipped cream.
2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
2 tbsp (13 g) powdered sugar/icing sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form