Labor Day is in just a few weeks and this Mexican Street Food Party Menu is the perfect opportunity to gather your friends around the table and toast the end of summer!
For this menu I was thrilled to work with Gladiator® who supplied me with their beautiful All Refrigerator and Upright Freezer to help pull off this party with ease. You can watch the video below to see why these units are truly an entertainer’s best friend!
When ordering these appliances, you can specify which way you want the doors to swing open. If you specify one door to swing open left, and the other to swing open right, you’ll have an impressive armoire design that makes for such amazing storage for a avid entertainer like me!
You can watch the full tutorial of this menu below and see how these beautiful appliances and their features, helped me organize all the prep!
WATCH MY MEXICAN STREET FOOD PARTY MENU VIDEO
Mexican Street Food Party Recipes
We’re going to kick things off with some refreshing Cantaloupe and Cucumber Aqua Frescas! These drinks are so refreshing in the summertime and they are even better if you make them the day before because it will allow the flavors to marry.
- 12 cups cantaloupe (roughly 2 cantaloupe)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 6-8 cups of water (my favorite is 7 cups for the right sweetness)
- 1 sliced English cucumber
- Place 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a sauce pan. Simmer until sugar dissolves. Set aside to col.
- Meanwhile dice cantaloupe into cubes. Transfer to a blender, add lime juice, 6 cups of water to start and the simple syrup. Blender until smooth. (Depending upon size of your blender you may need to do this in batches) Taste for sweetness, add more water in 1 cup increments if too sweet.
- Strain if a smoother consistency is desired. Transfer to a pitcher of Aqua Fresca Jar. Add 1 sliced cucumber to float in Aqua Fresca and provide more flavor. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve pour aqua fresca in a glass, garnish with a toothpick threaded with melon ball and melon chunk and a sprig of fresh mint.
- You can also add a splash of prosecco or champagne too!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 93 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 97mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 20g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
For the main event it’s My Carne Asada Tacos, the perfect main course that will feed a crowd! You can marinade the meat the day before, and this will result in the most flavorful tacos. Then just grill, top with relish and serve!
For a side dish, this easy corn salad cannot be beat! Nowadays you can find frozen charred, corn in the freezer section and it’s what makes this dish so quick and easy! Add a spicy lime dressing, some cilantro, top with queso fresco and you have one delicious side salad waiting for you.
No Mexican Street Food Menu would be complete without a churro! These Churro Sundaes are an updated take on this classic treat! You can pipe out the dough ahead of time, freeze, and then all you have to do is fry them up, dust with cinnamon sugar and add your toppings!
Note: Refrigerator contents may freeze if room temperatures reach 32°F (0°C) or below. Monitor food and beverages frequently for freezing, freshness and taste when using the refrigerator in cold locations. Note: And even in extreme temperatures from 0˚F to 110˚F, Gladiator Upright Freezer keeps all items properly frozen. Ice maker not included and not compatible with ice maker kit.