Looking for a dinner idea to feed a crowd this summer? My Tequila Lime Chicken Fajita Recipe checks all the boxes. It’s easy and festive and will get your guests interacting with each other and having fun!
The marinade for the chicken tastes just 20 minutes and can be done while you prep the rest of the meal. I love to switch up the colors of peppers to red and orange to make them more summery.
You can pile everything high on one large platter, making this dish easily to serve to a crowd and pass around the table.
Look in your grocer’s refrigerated aisle for the uncooked tortillas. They are a nice gourmet touch to this meal and cook up nicely on the grill. My favorite brand is Tortillaland. I’m seriously addicted!
Guests can then build their own fajita tacos…don’t forget the guacamole! That recipe is here.
It’s a great summer grilling recipe, that’s just a little bit different than the same ol’ hamburgers and hot dogs.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe. New videos post every Saturday!Print
- For Chicken:
- 1 ½ pounds (675 g) of bones, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 lime, juice and zest + 2 limes for grilling
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tequila
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp (1.25ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) cumin
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- For Peppers:
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 red Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch dried oregano
- For serving:
- Beth’s Chunky Guacamole
- 8 Tortillas
- Mix together the marinade in a large bowl. Place chicken inside for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions in a skillet until tender and caramelized. Add peppers. Cook peppers allowing them to rest in pan to become slightly charred. For this a cast-iron skillet is ideal. Once tender season with salt and pepper and oregano. Set aside.
- Grill chicken and limes on an indoor grill pan 5-7 mins each side until cooked through. Remove and transfer to a plate and allow to rest.
- Then grill 8 tortillas on each pan both sides.
- Slice chicken on the diagonal and place on a large platter, with the limes. Then place the peppers and tortillas. Serve with guacamole!