Years ago when my husband and I were traveling through Spain and Portugal, I fell in love with Red Wine Sangria. It’s such an easy drink to serve at a party because you can make a big batch of it and let guests serves themselves.
You can also make it the day before or hours ahead as it gets better the longer it sits!
A good “go-with” dinner idea would be my Tequila Lime Chicken Fajitas.
For a step-by-step demo on how to make sangria you can watch my video tutorial below.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free) and new videos post each week.Print
- 1 Bottle Merlot Wine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Cointreau
- juice of 1 orange
- ½ orange, sliced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) lime flavored mineral water
- Place wine in a decanter, add Cointreau, orange juice, orange slices and lemons. Chill for at least 1 hour, but overnight is better.
- Right before serving top with ½ cup of lime flavored mineral water.
- Place ice in a glass, pour sangria over and garnish with an orange slice.
- Serve with some Spanish almonds and mixed olives!
- 4 cups (950 ml) white grape juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) 100% pure cranberry juice (or pomegranate juice)
- ½ orange, sliced into half moons
- ½ lemon, sliced into half moons
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lime flavored mineral water
- Combine the grape and cranberry juice in a decanter, stir. Add the orange and lemon slices. And top with the mineral water. Serve over ice. Enjoy!