Mother's Day is just a few short weeks away and if you are looking for something extra special to "Make and Bake" for Mom this Lemon Thyme Sugar Cookie is it!
This week I'm joined by my friend, the super talented Robert Mahar who will show us how to package these cookies up into a cute DIY Cookie Tube!
WATCH MY LEMON THYME SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE VIDEO BELOW!
- 1 cup (240 g) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon (7.5 ml) lemon extract
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) fresh thyme, minced
- 3 cups (360 g) flour
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) raw cane sugar or turbinado sugar
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, lemon extract, lemon zest, and thyme. Beat to combine.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, until well combined. Form dough into a ball, and flatten into a disc. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll out dough on a well-floured surface to about ¼ " (6mm). Cut out dough with a 3” (7.6cm) cookie cutter and transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Sprinkle each cookie with raw sugar. Bake at 350F for 12-13 mins until cookie is set. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g