Air Fryer Baklava Bites is an easy recipe to make in your air fryer that's a lot less time-consuming than traditional baklava. They are perfect for when the craving strikes and you just want a bite or two of baklava. Super easy to make, and impressive to serve!
They are filled with walnuts, honey, orange zest, and cinnamon. They offer all the flavors of traditional baklava without all the work.
How To Make Baklava in the Air Fryer and More!
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It's free!)
Which Air Fryer To Use?
For most of my air fryer recipes, I use the Philips HD9630 Air Fryer. It's larger than most air fryers and I also love the white color and the design. It also doesn't become an eyesore while sitting on your countertop.
Step#1: Cut Filo Dough
Stack 8 sheets of filo dough and slice them into 4" x 4" squares. Don't use more than 8 sheets of filo dough otherwise, your baklava bites will be too thick and dry inside. I found 8 sheets to be the perfect amount.
Step#2: Brush With Butter
- Then brush every 2nd sheet with the melted butter. This helps the filo dough fry up nicely and turn a beautiful shade of golden brown.
- Resist the temptation to brush every sheet with melted butter or the filo dough will be less stable and start to tear and come apart.
Step#3: Add Walnuts and Flavorings
- In the center of your filo squares add 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts. Drizzle the walnuts with a teaspoon of honey.
- Don't overdo the honey or it will seep out into your air-fryer.
- Hot air and burning honey is not a good thing! And it takes a lot of hot soapy water to remove the burnt honey from your air fryer basket. So easy on the honey.
- You can serve more honey on the side with your baklava bites if more honey is desired. That would be a safer bet!
Adding More Flavor:
Add the cinnamon and orange zest to the walnuts. The orange zest adds such a wonderful freshness to the sweetness of the honey and the spiciness of the cinnamon.
Step#4: Create Filo Purses
Bring the corners of your filo squares together, into a sort of "purse". Press the filo dough down into the walnut area where the honey is. This will help keep the purse together.
Step#5: Air Fry
Then place 4 of these little purses in the air fryer at one time. Don't overcrowd them, leaving enough space in between them will allow the air to circulate well.
Air Fry the Baklava Bites at 375F (175C) for 6-8 minutes. When they are done they will be crispy and a beautiful shade of golden brown.
Step#6: Add Pistachios
The tops of the bites are pillowy and pretty and just the perfect place to catch some freshly chopped pistachios.
Step#7: Serve with Coffee
These little Baklava bites are delicious when served with coffee and offer a wonderfully impressive finish to any meal.
More Dessert Recipes You'll Love!
- Pecan Bars with Shortbread Crust
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lavender Creme Brulee
- Pistachio Strawberry Tart
If You Enjoyed This Air Fryer Baklava Recipe
Please Leave a Rating Below
This Helps others Discover and Enjoy the Recipe too!
- 4 stacks of 8 sheets of filo dough measuring 4 x 4 inches (10cm x 10cm)
- ¼ cup (40g) chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Honey
- Cinnamon to taste
- Orange zest to taste
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) melted butter
- 1 tablespoon (10g) chopped pistachios
Brush every 2nd sheet of filo dough with melted butter. Place a mound of chopped walnuts in the center. Drizzle the honey on top of the nuts. Then add the cinnamon and orange zest.
Bring the corners together and press down into the honey to stick and form a “purse”.
Place in the air fryer at 375F (176C) for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve with more honey if desired.
You can also serve the bites with additional honey on the side for additional sweetness if desired.
WARNING: Don't overdo the honey or it will seep out into your air-fryer. Hot air and burning honey is not a good thing! And it takes a lot of hot soapy water to remove the burnt honey from your air fryer basket. So easy on the honey.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Duralex - Picardie Clear Tumbler 4.3 Ounce Set Of 6
Naturally Med Olive Wood Honey Dipper/Drizzlier
Pastry Brush Natural Bristle Basting Brush Kitchen Oil Brush with Beech Wooden Handle and Hanging Rope String 1 inch & 1.5 inch 4pcs set
John Boos Block RA03 Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board, 24 Inches x 18 Inches x 2.25 Inches
Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set (Acacia)
Philips Twin TurboStar Technology XXL Airfryer with Fat Reducer, Analog Interface, White, 3lb/4qt- HD9630/28
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g