These Raspberry Almond Thimble Cakes are perfect for a baby shower or bridal shower. Quick and easy and so delicious!
Watch My Video Tutorial of this Recipe
People always ask me what do I like to do more, “Cook” or “Bake”, and I think as much as I love both (really, I do) I always find myself gravitating towards baking because baked goods can be so pretty, so cute! And that’s what I love about these little creations.
I call them my “Thimble Cakes” because they look like they were baked in a thimble and reminds me of something I imagine fairies might serve at a tea party?
How do you make mini raspberry almond cakes?
You’ll first begin by making a basic cake batter, flavored with almond extract. Then you’ll pipe in the raspberry jam to the batter and bake in this handy mini cheesecake pan that’s how you will get the fun bite-sized cakes.
How do you insert the raspberry jam?
I find the easiest way to insert the raspberry jam is with a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. You’ll get the best precision that way.
Once cooled they are easy to pop out of the pan and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
Once they are completely cooled dust them with powdered sugar. They look really pretty when the sugar hits the almonds and creates a beautiful, textured topping.
They are the perfect thing to whip up for a girly tea-party, baby shower or bridal shower. They come in handy for kids parties too! Their pint-size makes the portions ideal for little ones.
MORE MINI RECIPES!
Please let me know if you make these Thimble Cakes
by leaving a rating and review below
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) raspberry jam
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sliced almonds
- 1-2 tbsp (13 g) of powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F/(176C) degrees.
- Spray a mini cheesecake pan with baking spray. Set aside. (you can also use a regular cake pan, or turn this into muffins too)
- In a large bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Mix well until combine. Then with a wire whisk whip in eggs, whisking until combined. Add water and almond extract stir well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt whisk until combined. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stir gently.
- Scoop out batter into wells, filling about half way. Pipe raspberry jam in the center. Just a small dollop. Top with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 22 mins. Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a cup of tea!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g