These Raspberry Almond Thimble Cakes are perfect for a baby shower or bridal shower. Quick and easy and so delicious!
People always ask me what do I like to do more, “Cook” or “Bake”, and I think as much as I love both (really, I do) I always find myself gravitating towards baking because baked goods can be so pretty, so cute! And that’s what I love about these little creations.
I call them my “Thimble Cakes” because they look like they were baked in a thimble and reminds me of something I imagine fairies might serve at a tea party?
How do you make mini raspberry almond cakes?
You’ll first begin by making a basic cake batter, flavored with almond extract. Then you’ll pipe in raspberry jam to the batter and bake in this handy mini cheesecake pan (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate) that’s how you will get the fun bit-sized cakes.
How do you insert the raspberry jam?
I find the easiest way to insert the raspberry jam is with a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. You’ll get the best precision that way.
Once cooled they are easy to pop out of the pan and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
They are the perfect thing to whip up for a girly tea-party, baby shower or bridal shower. They come in handy for kids parties too! Their pint-size makes the portions ideal for little ones.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)
Please let me know if you make these Raspberry Almond Thimble Cakes by leaving a rating and review below
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1 ½ cups (180 g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) raspberry jam
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sliced almonds
- 1-2 tbsp (13 g) of powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F/(176C) degrees.
- Spray a mini cheesecake pan with baking spray. Set aside. (you can also use a regular cake pan, or turn this into muffins too)
- In a large bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Mix well until combine. Then with a wire whisk whip in eggs, whisking until combined. Add water and almond extract stir well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt whisk until combined. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stir gently.
- Scoop out batter into wells, filling about half way. Pipe raspberry jam in the center. Just a small dollop. Top with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 22 mins. Allow to cool and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a cup of tea!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 6mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 10g Protein: 1g