Learn how to make my recipe for Cinnamon Chicken Grilled with Sweet Potato Wedges the EASIEST dinner party food EVER! Includes video tutorial too.
This could quite possibly be the easiest “dinner party food” EVER. And the best part is it can all be made on the grill….at the same time
Just season an 8-piece chicken with salt and pepper and cinnamon and pop in the fridge until ready to grill.
How do you grill chicken?
The easiest way to grill the chicken it to first make sure your grill racks are well greased with a little non-flavored oil, like vegetable oil. Set your inside burners to medium high. Once you can no longer hold your hand above the grill for 5 seconds it’s ready!
Grill chicken on each side until it is golden brown and caramelized about 5-7 minutes each side. Then move chicken to the perimeter of the grill where it will be hot and continue to cook the inside of the chicken, but won’t have a flame that will continue to char the chicken.
You can pile everything on one platter and let guests serve themselves. The chicken, thanks to the cinnamon, achieves a lovely golden color that is both sweet and savory..
And the sweet potatoes are even better the more charred they get! Creates an almost candied effect. Then all you have to do is whip up the cucumber yogurt sauce, which is a wonderful compliment to the chicken.
How do you make a Cucumber Yogurt Sauce?
This Cucumber Yogurt Sauce is really easy to make! You’ll combine plain Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl, with shredded cucumbers, diced red onion, lime juice, cumin and cilantro.
The nice thing about the yogurt sauce is it can be made ahead of time, in fact it’s even better if made a few hours beforehand.
I’d recommend using a grater to slice the cucumbers that way you’ll get nice fine pieces.
WATCH MY RECIPE FOR CINNAMON CHICKEN GRILLED WITH SWEET POTATO WEDGES
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free) and new videos post each week!
Please let me know if you make this grilled cinnamon chicken with sweet potato wedges recipe by leaving a rating and review below.
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces. Skin on bone-in
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil.
- 8 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (240 ml) plain yogurt
- ½ cup (120 ml) English cucumber, shredded
- ½ cup (120 ml) red onion, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ (1.25 ml) tsp cumin
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grill to medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub chicken with cinnamon rub. Brush chicken lightly on both sides with vegetable oil.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges lengthwise. Toss with oil oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill skin side down and grill for 5-7 mins on each side. Place sweet potatoes on grill flesh side down for 5-7 mins each side.
- Once nice color forms on chicken and sweet potatoes turn grill down to medium to allow chicken to cook through, flipping occasionally.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the dipping sauce.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place dipping sauce in the center of a large platter. On one side arrange the chicken, on the other arrange the sweet potatoes. Garnish potatoes with cilantro. And serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 251 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 184mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g