This Panettone Bread Pudding Recipe is one of my favorite holiday recipes for a quick and easy dessert. The warm custardy base mixed with the crispy, toasty bread is just the most delicious way to end a festive meal.
When served with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream, spiked with bourbon, it turns this Bread Pudding Recipe into an instant holiday classic.
Why You'll Love This:
- The best part about bread pudding is that it appears very sophisticated and elegant (who doesn't love a warm dessert in the wintertime?!) but it's one of the easiest desserts to whip together.
- The dried fruits in the panettone do all the work for you! All you need to do is whip up the egg base and make the whipped cream
- It can also be prepped ahead of time!
Watch My Video Demo of This Recipe Below!
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe
What to Serve Before Bread Pudding?
If serving bread pudding for dessert, plan your holiday meal accordingly, because bread pudding is filling! A perfect main course with this dessert would be my Easy Roast Turkey recipe or my Coq au Vin recipe.
Both dishes are mostly protein and vegetables so they tend not to be overly filling. Then you can reserve the starch for the finishing act, which I must say is quite a showstopper!
- Ideally, you want to prep this the day before, to allow the bread to soak up all that delicious custard overnight, but 4 hours will work too.
- Then as soon as you sit down to dinner, pop it in the oven and bake.
- You can also make the whipped cream ahead of time too and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
- It takes about 40 mins to bake in the oven so if you want to keep it warm while clearing the dishes after it's baked, just cover loosely with foil and keep warm at 200F (100C) until ready to serve.
- Softly whipped cream is the perfect compliment to this dessert, just don't whip the cream into too stiff of peaks, the dessert will present better when the cream is just softly whipped and can cascade down the side of each serving.
More Holiday Dessert Recipes!
If You Enjoyed This Recipe
Please Leave a Rating and a Review Below!
- 1 ½ pounds (675g) of Panettone Bread
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup (65g) sugar
- 2 cups (475ml) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75ml) cloves
- 1 teaspoon (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Bourbon Scented Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups (475ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) bourbon OR
- Omit the Bourbon and use 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Imitation Rum Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Spay a 12 x 9 (30cm x 23cm) casserole dish with baking spray.
- Cut panettone into 1” (2.5cm) cubes and place in casserole.
- In a large pyrex pitcher whisk together eggs, sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour mixture evenly over panettone. Cover and refrigerate. This can be done the day before or 4 hours before.
- Bake for 30 mins covered and then 10-15 mins uncovered until the pudding has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares. Serve with brandy scented whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 271mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 10g