If you need a great brunch recipe for Mother’s Day or Easter this one is the ticket! It works really well in a cheesecake pan or any regular cake pan will do.
It’s light and moist with a crunchy, nutty top. The perfect little sweet treat for Mom on her special day.
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe you can watch my video below!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe. New videos post each week!
FOR THE CAKE:
- ½ cup (120 g) of salted butter
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 (280 g) cups flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (.5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 1/3 cup (320 ml) sour cream
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped pecans
- ½ cup (60 g) of flour
- 2 tbsp (15 ml)sugar
- 2 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- ¼ tsp (.75) cinnamon
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) melted butter
- ½ cup (75 g) of chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F/176C.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture in thirds, alternately with the sour cream.
- Spray a 9" spring form with baking spray, turn out half of the batter into pan. Combine cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of batter, top with 1 cup of chopped pecans. Then spoon over remaining batter and with a spatula carefully cover the first layer cover with remaining batter.
FOR CRUMB TOPPING:
- Combine flour, sugars, cinnamon and butter, mix with a fork until crumbs form. Add nuts. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake at 350F/176C for 1 hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Unmold from pan, dust top with powdered sugar, and place on a cake stand.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 291 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 83mg Carbohydrates: 33g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g