If you want and easy and decadent chocolate dessert, you can’t go wrong with my Chocolate Pot de Creme Recipe.
If you want a decadent, rich, chocolate pudding search no further than a Chocolate Pot de Creme. It’s seriously a chocolate lovers dream. It doesn’t get any better than this my friend.
For a step-by-step demo on this Chocolate Pot de Creme recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (it’s free!) and new videos post every Saturday.
Starting with good-quality, bittersweet chocolate, you’ll create a custard base.
Then pour into ramekins, place in a water bath and bake. And really that’s all there is to it, and the results are truly fantastic!
I would recommend topping your desserts with homemade whipped cream, (recipe follows), a dessert this good only deserves the best! Enjoy! xx
- For Pot de Creme
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (120 ml) whole milk
- 5 oz (141 g) bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (50 g) of sugar
- 1 (5 ml) tsp vanilla
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (6 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F (148C) degrees.
- Combine heavy cream and milk and heat until simmering. Add the chocolate and whisk until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the eggs yolks, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add the chocolate mixture, whisking until combined. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Transfer to a pyrex pitcher, and pour about ¾ of the way up, into (5) ½ cup (4 0z/120 ml) ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a roasting pan, and place in the oven. Fill roasting pan with hot water until it reaches half way up the ramekins.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until custards are set. Top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.
- To make whipped cream:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French