This Cherry Tomato Bruschetta Recipe is so easy to throw together for last-minute guests. It’s one of my favorite end-of-summer appetizer recipes because it has so many fresh flavors and comes together in a snap!
Watch How to Make My Cherry Tomato Bruschetta Below!
Also in this video is my complete Summer Garden Tour! I walk you through my garden to give you tips and tricks to ward off garden pests and maintaining your beautiful garden. If you are in it just for the recipe, skip to minute 9:50 for the Bruschetta tutorial!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS! (IT’S FREE!)
Here’s How to Make Garden Fresh Bruschetta:
Step 1: Prep the Tomatoes
I like to use red and yellow cherry tomatoes for extra color. They look beautiful against the purple and green basil.
To start, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to a mixing bowl. Halving the tomatoes prevents any awkward explosions at the table.
Then, toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Chiffonade the purple ruffle basil and traditional green basil, and add to the bowl as well.
If you can’t find purple basil, you can just double up on the green basil! Give that a stir, and set aside.
Does purple basil taste different?
Purple basil isn’t as strong as green basil. It also has a slightly different flavor to it somewhere between a hint of clove and licorice.
Step 2: Grill the Bread
In the summertime, I love to use grilled ciabatta bread brushed with seasoned olive oil. The char around the edge of each slice provides great flavor! Before grilling, slice your ciabatta loaf into 1/2 ” slices, and lay out flat.
Then, combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and fresh parsley in a small bowl. Whisk up with a fork, then brush both sides of the bread with the oil.
Heat a grill pan or BBQ to medium high heat. Grill bread on each side until nicely toasted.
Step 3: Assemble and Serve!
Place the grilled bread on a platter or pretty cutting board and top with the tomato mixture and serve. It’s that easy!
I think this pairs really nicely with a chilled rose wine!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE
BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW!
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread
- 1 cup (150 g) red cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (150 g) orange or yellow cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup(60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh Italian basil, sliced into ribbons
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh Purple Basil*, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flat leaf parsley, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tomatoes in half. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, add basils. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and fresh parsley. Slice bread into 1/2 " slices. Brush both sides of bread with the olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ to medium high heat. Grill bread on with side until nicely toasted. Top with tomato mixture and serve.
If you can't find purple basil, you can use all green basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 156 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 316mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g