It will soon be picnic season and this Easy Tortellini Salad is one of my favorites!
It incorporates all of my favorite summertime flavors from pesto, to tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and a few salty olives.
You can cook the tortellini the day before and then toss the salad together moments before packing up the salad.
This way the flavors will stay fresh, especially the chopped basil.
I love to pack this salad into individual portions, in bright red Chinese takeout containers. You can find them online (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
Their handles make it easy to tie a napkin and cutlery right to the box. This makes it so much easier to serve to your guests, because everything they need is right there. And it looks so festive too!
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe you can watch my video below!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe (It’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday.Print
- 1 lb (450 g) of 3-Cheese Tortellini
- 1 cup (230g) of store bought pesto
- 1 cup (230 g) sliced cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz (230 g) Mozzarella Peals, drained
- ½ cup (75 g) pitted Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain pasta and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer pasta into a large mixing bowl. Toss pasta with pesto until well coated. Add tomatoes, mozzarella, olives and fresh basil. Toss to combine.
- Cover salad and refrigerate until ready to serve!