A great chicken recipe for a weeknight meal that’s also elegant enough for entertaining too.
- 4 (1 lb) boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 4 tbsp (60 g) butter, separated
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 shallot, mined
- 1 cup (150 g) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) dry white wine, separated
- 2 tbsp (15 g) flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) whole milk
- 3 dashed Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, both sides. Heat 1 tbsp (15 g) butter and 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil in a large skillet. Once sizzling, place chicken in skillet and sauté on both sides until almost cooked through but not completely. Set chicken aside on a plate to rest.
- Meanwhile, sauté shallots and mushroom in the pan drippings until soft and tender. Add a little more olive oil if needed. Then deglaze pan with ¼ cup (60 ml) of the wine, scrapping up the brown bits with a wooden spoon. Reduce the mixture by 1/3 and then transfer it to a bowl and set aside.
- In a cleaned-out skillet, melt 3 tbsp (45 g) of butter. Once foamy add the flour, cook for 1 minute until a paste forms. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and remaining ¼ cup of wine and simmer, whisking all the while, until thickened. Then whisk in the garlic, milk, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Then add in the cooked shallots and mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the chicken to the sauce, spooning it over the chicken, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, to finish cooking the chicken all the way through.
- Transfer chicken to a small platter or shallow casserole dish and spoon sauce over it.
- This dish pairs really well with my smashed or mashed potato recipes!
- Category: Main
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Recipe, White Wine Chicken, Chicken Dinner, Weeknight Meals, Chicken Breast Recipes