Sweet and Savory flavor combinations are one of my favorite things to serve at a party, especially around the holidays. There are so many classic flavor pairings and you can have fun dreaming up some of your own. Here are 3 of my favorites.
Watch the tutorial below for a full demo of each recipe. Enjoy! xx
You can not go wrong with the combination of salty blue cheese, a drizzle of honey, a sprig of rosemary, and a crunchy walnut. Once spread on a Keebler® Club® Original cracker the flavor combination cannot be beat.
- 1 wedge of blue cheese
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- 1 box of Keebler® Club® Original crackers
- Start with a Keebler® Club® Original cracker and top with a spread of blue cheese, then a drizzle of honey and top with a walnut and a ¼” sprig of rosemary for another savory flavor to balance out the sweetness of the honey.
For something a bit more exotic, I recommend my mango shrimp dip. The sweetness comes from the addition of mango chutney which also has a slight spicy kick to it…
…toss with cooked shrimp, Greek yogurt and fresh cilantro, and you’ll have quite the flavor sensation on your hands.
I like to transfer the dip into a small bowl, and place the dipping bowl into a larger, more shallow bowl. This creates the perfect serving vessel to hold the crackers.
I like to serve this dip with Keebler® Town House® Pita Crackers Sea Salt it’s the perfect cracker for dipping and the crunch of the cracker is a great counterpoint to the smooth and silky dip.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 cup Greek yogurt mango chutney
- ½ cup mango chutney
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 box of Keebler® Town House® Pita Crackers Sea Salt
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, chutney, garam masla, salt, pepper zest, juice. Mix well to combine. Fold in shrimp and toss to cover, fold in cilantro. Mix until fully combined. Serve with Keebler® Town House® Pita Crackers Sea Salt
And finally, a cheese platter is always a welcomed appetizer at any holiday party. Personally, I like to serve them on cake stands because it can make it easier for guests to serve themselves and it looks so elegant too.
You’ll begin by rolling a goat cheese log into some chopped nuts…
Making sure that the nuts are adhering to the log. It helps if the goat cheese it at room temperature instead of cold just out of the fridge…
They will stick to the goat cheese better that way.
Then I serve with an assortment of jams, fig jam and cranberry sauce are my favorites, tuck in a few dried apricots, candied nuts and a bunch or two of grapes and presto instant elegant appetizer!
I like to serve this platter with Keebler® Town House® Original Crackers their buttery and flakey texture is the perfect compliment to the sweet and savory cheese and jam combinations.
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 11 oz log of goat cheese
- ¼ cup fig jam
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 bunch green grapes
- 1 bunch red grapes
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- ¼ cup candied nuts
- 1 box of Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
- Place the nuts in a shallow bowl, mix to combine. Roll a log of goat cheese in the nuts until they stick and the log is covered.
- Place the log on a cake stand. This is a fun idea for a cocktail party buffet since it will give your platter height and become easier for guests to access.
- Then add a little bowl of fig jam and a bowl of cranberry jam or cranberry sauce. You can then garnish with some fresh grapes, dried apricots and candied nuts.
- To serve, spread the goat cheese on a Keebler® Town House® Original cracker and top with your jam of choice and a caramelized nut.