One of my favorite ways to entertain in the summertime is to grill outdoors! This week I’m launching PART 1 of a two-part grilling menu with Coyote Outdoor Living. I fell in love with their grills this summer, for the even heat they provide. They also come in a compact 28″ size which was ideal for our outdoor living space.
I tried it out on one of our summertime favorites, Grilled Lemon Thyme Chicken with Rosemary Potatoes and the results were fantastic! You can watch a video tutorial of this recipe below.
Next week…it’s the starter and dessert to this menu, Grilled Panzanella Salad and Grilled Apricot Almond Sundaes. Stay tuned! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and you’ll be the first to see when it posts! Enjoy! xxPrint
- 1 3lb (1350g) whole chicken
- 3 tsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh thyme
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 8 Dutch baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp(5 ml) fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lemons, halved
- Remove the backbone from the chicken with kitchen shears. Pat dry and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine salt, lemon zest, garlic and thyme to form a “salt rub”. Rub the chicken all over with the rub, including under the skin of the breasts. Place in a large casserole and cover. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Before grilling, slice potatoes in half and toss with olive oil, rosemary and salt and pepper. Slice lemons in half, horizontally. Brush with vegetable oil to avoid sticking and to encourage grill marks.
- Before grilling, oil grates with canola or vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Heat grill to medium high.
- Grill chicken skin side down. Place potatoes beside the chicken cut side down.
- Grill chicken for 17 mins on skin side and then flip and grill on the other side for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, potatoes can grill at the same time, flipping occasionally to assure even browning. If they get too brown, remove from heat and keep warm on the upper rack.
- Once chicken is flipped, place lemons on grill cut side down and grill until nice char marks form.
- Once done transfer chicken to a large platter. Place potatoes all around, garnish with grilled lemons and fresh thyme.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Chicken, Chicken Dinners, BBQ Chicken, Grilling Recipes, Summer Recipes for the grill