If you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal, that’s also easy on the wallet, my Spinach Ravioli with Spinach,Tomatoes and Caramelized Onions is it!
It uses store-bought spinach raviolis that can be cooked in minutes (I really like the Trader Joe’s variety)
Along with a quick vegetable sauce that uses pre-washed baby spinach, which makes the prep super easy and quick! Once everything is cooked down season with salt and pepper..
Top with parmesan cheese et voila dinner is ready!
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe can can watch my video below.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (It’s free!) and never miss a recipe! New videos post each Saturday!Print
- 2 packages of Spinach Ravioli
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Red Onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 bag of fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Saute red onions until soft. Add cherry tomatoes. Cook until they start to break down and release their juices.
- Meanwhile, set your ravioli to boil in well-salted water drizzled with a little olive oil (this will prevent the raviolis from sticking together).
- Return to your onion/tomato mixture and add lemon zest and lemon juice. Then add spinach in handfuls until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle a bit more olive oil over the mixture until well-coated (about 1 tbsp).
- Drain raviolis, and place 4-6 in a bowl, and top with the sauce.