Sausage and peppers an easy, budget-friendly weeknight meal that is pure comfort food. A great recipe for beginners!
- 10 Italian Pork Sweet Sausages
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 green peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried “Italian Seasoning “
- Heat large sauté pan. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the pan (less than a tsp). Cook sausages, browning on all sides. Then transfer to a heat safe casserole and finish cooking in a 350F (175C) degree oven about 15 mins or so.
- Meanwhile, heat pan with remaining oil. Saute onions, and season with salt and pepper. Once soft and fragrant add peppers. Cook just until they start to become soft, but still have their crispness. Add Italian seasoning .
- Serve sausages on a bed of peppers and onions along with some spicy Dijon mustard.
For a lighter recipe you can use Chicken Sausage too.
Serve with my Smashed Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes are great too.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Sausage and Pepper Recipe, Sausage and Peppers, Italian Sausage and Peppers