Hot appetizer dips are a classic holiday treat. They are warm and gooey and just the right thing to take off winter’s chill. Two of my favorites are my Hot and Spicy Crab Dip and my Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Both can be made the day ahead (sweet!) and can be heated at the same time and temperature (even sweeter!).
For a step-by-step demo you can watch my video here:
The spicy crab dip uses lump crab meat, cream cheese, Mexican blend cheese and of course your favorite hot sauce; which can be dialed up or down depending on how hot you like it (personally the spicier the better in my opinion).
I like to serve this dip with Keebler® Town House® Original Crackers. You’ll find their buttery, flakey texture is the perfect compliment to the hot and spicy dip. I also like to crush up the crackers and add them on top of the dip, just before baking, for a nice buttery crunch.
- ½ lb lump crab meat
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp-1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Mexican Blend Cheese
- 2 tsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 box of Keebler® Town House® Original Crackers
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lump crab meat, celery, Mexican blend cheese, chives.
- And for this dip, we are going to add some crushed Keebler town house crackers on top of the cheese. Do this if serving right away, and pop in a 350f oven for 30 mins.
- But if you are making this ahead of time, again just add the cheese, cover and refrigerate, and then when it comes time to serve
- Uncover, add the cracker crumbs on top and place in a 350f oven for 30 mins until dip is golden brown, hot and bubbling!
- Garnish with fresh chives.
- Place bowl on platter and serve with Keebler® Town House® Original Crackers
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
The technique is very similar to the crab dip, and I also like to add some cracker crumbs to the top of the dip, just before baking. I like to pair this dip with Keebler® Club® Original crackers.
Their light, flakey texture is the perfect counterpoint to the rich, warm and gooey dip.
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup shallots, mined
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 ½ cups Italian Blend Cheese, separated
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup canned artichokes packed in water, drained
- 1 box Keebler® Club® Original crackers.
- In a large skillet sauté shallots until fragrant, add fresh spinach and cook until wilted. Transfer to a small bowl and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile mix together softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, salt/pepper, 1 cup of the Italian blend cheese, lemon zest and juice, then fold in spinach and shallot mixture and artichoke hearts. Transfer to an oven safe dish.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese and if serving right away add 2 tbsp of crushed
- Keebler® Club® Original crackers.
- on top of the cheese. As your dip heats, the cheese will melt and the crackers will toast giving the top of your dip a buttery and flakey crunch.
- But, if you are making this ahead of time, just add the cheese, cover and refrigerate, and then when it comes time to serve uncover, add the cracker crumbs on top and place in a 350f oven for 30 mins until the dip is golden brown, hot and bubbling!
- Place on a heat safe surface like a decorative cutting board and serve with
- Keebler® Club® Original crackers for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g