A quick and easy alfredo sauce, decadent and delicious! Pure comfort food for an easy weeknight meal.
½ lb (230 g) Fettuccini pasta
4 tbsp (60 g) butter
1 ½ cups (350 ml) of heavy cream
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
Freshly cracked pepper to taste
1 cup (90 g) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/3 cup (50 g) of frozen peas
1 tbsp (15 ml) of freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place butter in a large sauté pan and melt on medium flame. Add heavy cream. Simmer on medium heat until bubbling and thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add cheese, stir to combine and melt. Add peas and heat on low until peas are warmed through.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve in shallow bowls and top with fresh pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
Be sure to use freshly grated parmesan cheese, you’ll get so much more flavor than store-bought grated cheese.
Don’t skimp on the frozen peas and the fresh parsley. Both add a nice freshness that balances out the richness.
You could make the sauce ahead of time, allow to cool and refrigerate. Then reheat on the stovetop before serving. Thin with a little milk if needed.
Keywords: Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe, Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe