For a no-fuss late summer dessert, you can't beat Grilled Apricot Sundaes topped with amaretto cookie crumble and toasted almonds. I love this dessert recipe because it gives you the same effect as a warm fruit pie, but it requires much less time and effort!
You can also prep the cookie crumble and almonds in advance leaving just the apricots to grill. Easy peasy! 🙂
WATCH HOW TO MAKE MY GRILLED APRICOT SUNDAES BELOW!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS! (IT’S FREE!)
How to Make a Grilled Apricot Sundae
Step 1: Toast the Almonds
These will go on top of our sundaes! I like to use sliced almonds so they are easy to eat with the ice cream and apricots.
Spread the almonds out on to a baking sheet and toast at 375F (190C) degrees for 5-7 minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant. This really brings out the flavor of the almonds!
Set aside to cool. This can be done well in advance and left at room temperature until ready to serve.
Step 2: Make the Amaretto Cookie Crumble
I use amaretto cookies for the crumble. I think the flavors of the amaretto and apricots go really nicely together and add a nice crunch.
Place the amaretto cookies in a re-sealable bag and give it a whack with a rolling pin to create a cookie crumb!
Step 3: Grill the Apricots
Right before you are ready to serve, slice the apricots in half and remove the pit.
Then, lightly brush with vegetable oil to avoid sticking on the grill.
Place the apricots on the grill, beginning with cut-side down, for about 5 minutes on each side.
You want to grill until those pretty grill marks form and the fruit is tender. Then, remove from the grill and set aside.
Step 4: Assemble the Sundaes
To serve, place one large scoop of vanilla ice cream into small bowls. Then, add two halves of an apricot on either side of the ice cream scoop.
Drizzle ice cream and fruit with honey.
Then, garnish with cookie crumbs and toasted almonds and serve!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE
BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW!
- 4 medium ripe apricots
- 3 tsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sliced almonds
- 8 amaretti cookie snaps
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Drizzle of honey
- Place almonds on a cookie sheet and bake at 375F(190C) for 5-7 mins until lightly toasted and fragrant. Set aside to cool. This can be done hours in advance and left at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.
- Place amaretto cookies in a re-sealable bag. Whack with a rolling pin to create a cookie crumb. Leave crumbs in bag at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Moments before serving, cut apricots in half and remove pit. Lightly brush each half with vegetable oil.
- Grill apricots cut side down for 5 mins each side until nice grill marks form and fruit is tender. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Place 1 large scoop of vanilla ice cream in small bowls. Place 2 grilled apricot halves on either side. Drizzle ice cream and fruit with honey.
- Top with cookie crumbs and toasted almonds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Zeroll 1020 Original Ice Cream Easy Scoop with Unique Liquid Filled Heat Conductive Handle Simple One Piece Aluminum Design Easy Release 40 Scoops per Gallon Made in USA, 2-Ounce, Silver
Amaretti Cookie Snaps by Lazzaroni (7 ounce)
Home Essentials Footed Clear Glass 8 Oz. Dessert Ice Cream Dishes Bowls, Set of 8
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g