I love this fall harvest salad recipe because it looks a little bit creepy, for Halloween, but also tastes delicious!
This recipe is from my Halloween Themed Dinner Menu for Adults that I created for the Kin Community YouTube Channel.
You can watch the full video and get the recipes below!
I like to use a combination of “creepy” salad ingredients for this salad, like pomegranate seeds…that look like little bug eyes….
Frisee lettuce which is spiky and sinister looking…
And a good amount of radicchio with looks a little “veiny” to me with its deep blood red purply color.
But don’t let the “creepy vegetables” scare you. This salad is quite delicious!
For the full menu for this dinner you might also enjoy these recipes:
- 2 heads Frisee Salad
- 1 head radicchio, sliced into ribbons
- 1 endive, sliced horizontally
- 1 small apple, diced into match sticks
- ¼ cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup of pecans
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place mustard and vinegar in a bowl and whisk together. Slowly add oil until an emulsion combines. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry frisee and place in salad bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and toss with the vinaigrette.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 46mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g