When it comes to the month of September it’s officially time to start rolling out the fall recipes! You’ll love this Easy Apple Fritter Recipe! It’s the perfect “first-bite” of fall!
They are great served with a cup of coffee or they also make for a fun dessert idea after a dinner party.
SHOP THIS EASY APPLE FRITTER RECIPE
Frying is always a bit of an “art” and I have found these 3 products help to achieve frying success! (these links go to Amazon where I have an Influencer Page and receive a commission on the products sold)
1.) A Candy Thermometer is critical for maintaining an even temperature. If your oil is too hot (above 375F your fritters will burn and be raw inside, too cool (below 375F) your fritters will be greasy and heavy
2.) A 1-inch cookie dough scooper This is the perfect size for bite-sized fritters and easier frying. If your fritters are too large they don’t cook as quickly and can be more difficult to make sure they are cooked through
3.) A Spider Strainer These are so much better than a slotted spoon for removing your fritters and allowing them to drain (I find the slotted spoons take too much oil to your draining station and can make a bit of a mess!)
Please let me know if you make this Easy Apple Fritter Recipe
by leaving a rating and review below
- 1 ¾ cups (210g) flour
- 1 ¾ tsp (8.75ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (65g) sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean, scrapped of its paste
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter
- 2 cups (300g) gala apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp (13g) sugar
- ¾ tsp (3.75ml) cinnamon
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium-sized bowl toss apples with sugar and cinnamon and set aside. In a large non-stick skillet melt the butter, sauté the apple mixture until apples are caramelized and very tender, set aside.
- In a heat-safe pitcher, measure out 1 cup of milk and add the vanilla bean paste and pod. Microwave for 1-2 minutes until milk is hot, set aside and allow vanilla to steep while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Remove vanilla pod from milk, whisk seeds that have floated to the top, add vanilla milk to the flour mixture. Add egg. Mix well, and then stir in the apple mixture.
- Before you fry, prepare a draining station for your fritters. A cooling rack set into a sheet pan lined with paper towel, works really well.
- In a large Dutch oven heat 3-4 inches of oil to exactly 375F degrees. Really important to use a candy thermometer to regulate the oil temperature and maintain the heat at 375F. Otherwise if it’s too hot, fritters will burn on the outside and be raw on the inside. Too low and you’ll have greasy fritters.
- Keeping thermometer in the oil as you fry, dollop 3 spoonfuls of batter (about 2 tsp worth. A 1-inch cookie dough scooper works really well for this)
- Fry each fritter on each side until golden brown. Remove fritters to drain and then lightly dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately!
The batter can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Then bring to room temperature for 20 minutes or so before frying
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Helen’s Asian Kitchen Stainless Steel Mesh Spider Food Dumpling Noodle Strainer, 7-Inch Strainer Basket
Cookie Drop and Mini Ice Cream Scoop - 1" Diameter Scoop
Wilton Candy Thermometer, Ideal for Precisely Measuring Temperature of Hard Candy, Nougat, or Fudge Mixtures, Clamps to Side of Pan for Accurate Readings, Metal (14.7" Long)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g