A delicious cream of mushroom soup recipe that’s so easy it’s perfect for a weeknight meal!
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter or olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 leeks, white parts only, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup white onion (110 g) diced
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 16 oz (453 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cream (fine to omit if making Vegan)
- 1 tsp thyme (5 ml) minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 leeks, white parts only cut into thirds and sliced into thin strips
- fresh thyme to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- In a large stock pot melt butter until foamy, add the 2 chopped leeks, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until soft and tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms release their juices. Add thyme. Add chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend in batches until smooth.
- Transfer soup into a cleaned-out stock pot. Add cream. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a large skillet. Add leeks and sauté until golden brown and crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with freshly grated pepper and thyme leaves and a pile of crispy leeks on top. Yummy!!
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mushroom Soup Recipe, Soup Recipes, Mushroom Recipes, Fall Soups, Dinner Recipes