If you're struggling to come up with an idea for what to do with leftover spaghetti, this Cold Sesame Noodle Salad is for you! It comes together so quickly and easily as far as lunches go and can even be made the night before.
Watch My Video on Leftover Lunchbox Ideas below!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE RECIPE VIDEOS! (IT’S FREE!)
All these lunches fit into the Omie Lunchbox which I think is so beautifully designed! It's perfect for the little kids and big kids alike! (this link goes to Amazon where I am compensated on products sold at no cost to the consumer)
Here's How to Make Cold Sesame Noodles with Leftover Spaghetti
This is better as a cold lunch, but packs well in the thermos compartment which will keep it chilled if placed in the refrigerator over night.
Start with your extra spaghetti noodles.
Then in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and garlic,
Then, add some fresh ginger, chili paste and sesame oil.
TIP: Just be sure you are using the toasted sesame oil, which has the most flavor. Regular sesame oil doesn't taste like much.
Whisk until combined.
Now, you can add pretty much any vegetable you like. I like to use grated carrots and one scallion, both green and white parts.
Sprinkle some black sesame seeds in as well. Pour sauce over the noodles and stir to coat the noodles.
Seriously, that's all there is to it! Transfer to your thermos, pop in the fridge overnight and you're all ready to go for the next day!
I like to pack this lunch with some dried apples, raisins or currants and shredded coconut flakes.
I also like to include some pretzel nuggets and cheddar cheese. Pop the nugget in your mouth, followed by the cheese and it's a great one-two punch.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE
BY LEAVING A RATING AND REVIEW BELOW!
- 1 cup (240 ml) cooked spaghetti
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ tsp (.60 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- ⅛ tsp(.60 ml) chili paste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Toasted sesame oil
- 1 scallion, sliced on the bias into ¼ inch slivers
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated carrots
- ¼ tsp (1.25ml) black sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, chili paste, sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Drizzle sauce over pasta add carrots and scallions. Toss well to coat pasta and veggies with the sauce.
- Add sesame seeds on top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve
- Dried Apples, Raisins and Shredded Coconut
- Pretzel nuggets
- Cheddar cheese
This recipe makes 1 serving but just double or triple based on how many you plan to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 603Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 641mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 8gSugar: 12gProtein: 12g