Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti Cookie Recipe. A great Christmas Cookie for holiday gifting!
- 1 cup (150g) of hazelnuts
- 3 oz (84g) of bittersweet chocolate
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup (180g) flour
- ¼ cup (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) instant coffee granules mixed with 2 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F/(176C).
- Place hazelnuts on a rimmed lined cookie sheet and bake at 350F/(176C) for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven and pour onto a clean kitchen towel, wrap in towel and “steam” for 10 minutes. This will help to remove the skins. Remove as much skin as you can, and set nuts aside.
- Then chop the chocolate into very fine pieces, place in a large bowl, add brown sugar, and mix to combine.
- Then in a smaller bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar and chocolate mixer and mix to combine, add the eggs, vanilla and “mixed coffee”. Beat to combine until a dough forms. Add roasted/skinned hazelnuts.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cocoa powder on a cutting board and form dough into a log about 9” (23 cm) x 4” (10 cm) .
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300F/)148C) for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool. Transfer baked log to a cutting board. Slice on the bias into ½” (13 mm) slices. Place bake on to clean parchment paper (you can flip previous sheet over to the other side for this) And bake slices 7 minutes each side to dry cookies out.
- Serve with espresso or a hot cup of cocoa!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chocolate hazelnut biscotti recipe, Christmas cookie recipe, easy chocolate hazelnut biscotti