This Blueberry Crumb Cake recipe is a fantastic addition to any brunch! Light and moist on the inside bursting with juicy blueberries and topped with a wonderful crunchy topping. It’s always the first thing to disappear at any gathering!
- For the Cake:
- ½ cup (120g) of butter
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (240g) of flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 2 cups (300g) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (200g) of sugar
- ½ cup (120g) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- ½ cup (120g) butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Spray a square 10” x 10” (25cm x 25cm) pan with baking spray . Set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy, add eggs one at a time and beat well until light and fluffy, add vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt whisk together. Add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk until a batter forms. Remove bowl from the mixer.
- Fold in blueberries. Transfer batter to pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the topping. Add the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Cut in butter with hands until small crumbs form. Sprinkle topping on top of batter until a layer is formed and batter is fully covered.
- Bake 40-45 mins until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Run sharp knife along perimeter of cake to loosen before removing it. Cut into 9 squares and serve!
This cake really works well in a removal bottom brownie pan. This will allow the sticky cake to be removed easily and cut into squares. You can find one here. (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
You can use frozen berries for this recipe just be sure you don’t over mix the batter or your cake will turn blue!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry crumb cake recipe, the best crumb cake recipe