If you want to feel like life has wrapped you in a warm, cozy blanket, treat yourself to a freshly baked peanut butter cookie! There’s something so comforting about these cookies. The best part is I bet you have all of these ingredient’s already on hand! So when the craving strikes for a homemade cookie, this is the go-to move 🙂 Enjoy!
For a step-by-step tutorial on my ultimate peanut butter cookie recipe you can watch the video demo below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe (it’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
- 3/4 cup (180 g) of butter
- 1 cup (180 g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) white sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) of high-quality peanut butter (ingredients should list just peanuts!)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup (180 g) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- In an electric mixer cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Then add peanut butter. And mix until combined.
- Then add eggs one at a time, scrapping down the bowl in between each addition. Then add vanilla and beat to combine. Set aside.
- Then in a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to cookie batter in thirds until everything is combined.
- Place cookie dough in freezer for 15 mins to firm up. This will make it easier to create the cross-hatch pattern.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then with a 2” ice cream scoop parcel out 6 dough balls. And then with a fork that has been lightly dipped in flour, create a cross hatch pattern on top of each ball, pressing dough the dough slightly at the same time.
- Bake for 13 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!