This delicious Chicken and Mushroom Witches Stew is the perfect main course for my Halloween Themed Dinner Menu for Adults.
This recipe is part of the Halloween Menu Video I created for the Kin Community YouTube Channel. You can watch the full episode below.
I love this Chicken and Mushroom Witches Stew because it utilizes all the great fall flavors like wild mushrooms, roasted chicken and flavorful fresh rosemary. But it also looks a bit spooky like something a witch would serve out of her cauldron!
But no need to wait for Halloween! This is a great chicken stew recipe anytime of year!
For the full menu for this dinner you might also enjoy these recipes:
- 2 chicken breasts, skin on bone-in
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 fresh leeks, white parts chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup of white wine
- 7 sprigs of rosemary, separated
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of flour mixed with 2 tbsp of water
- ½ cup of half & half
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of fresh cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Roast chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Saute onions, leeks, celery until soft.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme and wine. Continue to cook until liquid is reduced.
- Add 6 cups of broth, flour/water mixture and 5 sprigs of rosemary. Cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile remove meat from chicken and shred into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove rosemary from the stew and discard. Add half and half and chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in soup bowls garnished with a 1 in” rosemary sprig.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 1035mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g