A cheesy, herby egg bake casserole! A great brunch recipe that will feed a crowd.
- 10 Eggs
- 12 ounces (340 g) of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of melted butter + 1 tbsp (15 ml) for greasing skillet
- 1/3 cup (40 g) of flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup (90 g) of finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (90 g) goat cheese crumbles
- ½ cup (120 ml) mixed fine herbs (dill, parsley, chives)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Mix together the eggs and the ricotta cheese until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and pepper, and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Stir in parmesan and goat cheese, and fresh herbs.
- Pour batter into 12 inch (30 cm) oven safe skillet that has been greased. Bake for 20 mins until set. Serve with roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus. Or a nice tossed salad!
Look for the large curd, full fat, cottage cheese. I find it works the best.
If feeding a crowd this recipe is easy to double (just click 2X on the recipe card) and distribute the batter across two skillets.
To make ahead: Mix up the batter, cover and refrigerate. Then all you have to do is pour into your skillets and bake!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Egg Bake, Egg Bake Casserole, Cheesy Egg Casserole, Egg Bake Casserole