My Potato, Cheddar and Bacon Soup Recipe is the perfect comfort food for cold weather cooking!
Here is Southern California, February is usually our “spring” but this week it has been shockingly cold here! Like in the 30’s in the morning, which is just a rude awakening for us little hot house flowers on the West Coast!
That’s why I love this soup recipe. It’s like a warm, cozy blanket that’s sure to soothe the body and soul.
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe you can watch my video below.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new videos post each Saturday!
LOOKING FOR MORE SOUP RECIPES?
- 5 slices of bacon, cut into ½” (13 mm) strips
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 ½ (225 g) cup onion
- ¾ cup (110 g) celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken broth
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1” (2.5cm) cubes
- ¾ cup (180 ml) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chives, minced
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until golden brown and crispy. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- In a large clean Dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add onion, celery and garlic and cook until fragrant and fork tender. Add chicken broth. Add potatoes. Cover and simmer for 15 mins or until potatoes are soft.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer back into the Dutch oven and add cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve ladle into shallow bowls, top with minced chives and crispy bacon.