One of the easiest summer desserts is my Peach, Nectarine and Blackberry Crumble Recipe. All you have to do is cut some fruit, toss with sugar, pop in a casserole and top with crumble. Once baked and served with a generous scoop (or 2!) of vanilla ice cream, it’s a dessert that can’t be beat!
An easy summer combo is is peach, nectarine and blackberries. It not only tastes delicious but looks so pretty too.
For a video tutorial on this recipe you can watch my video below. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (it’s free!) and new videos post on Saturdays!
- 8 cups (1200 g) sliced peaches or nectarines, or both pitted and sliced
- 1 cup (150 g) blackberries
- ½ cup (100g) of sugar
- 1 cup (120 g) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice, fresh
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) water or ½ cup (120 ml) if peaches/nectarines aren’t very ripe
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup (120 g) of flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 4 tbsp (46 g) brown sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ¾ tsp (3.75 ml) cinnamon
- ½ cup (75 g) of chopped pecans
- ½ cup (45 g) oatmeal
- ½ cup (120 ml) of melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Toss fruit with sugar, flour, lemon juice and water and set aside.
- For crumble, mix all ingredients together with a fork until a wet crumble forms.
- Pour fruit mixture into a shallow 10-12” oven safe casserole dish. Sprinkle the crumble evenly on top.
- NOTE: At this point you could cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. This is a great dessert to make the day before and just bake while you are having dinner, and present to the table right out of the oven.
- Bake for 25-35 mins until top is golden brown and juices begin to bubble.
- Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Happy Summer! Enjoy!