If you need a decadent chocolate mousse recipe without eggs, this is the recipe for you! My No-Bake Chocolate Mousse is as easy as it gets, and when piped into an elegant glass it looks a lot more impressive than it actually is.
Made with just a few ingredients and whipped up in a flash, it’s the perfect example of my cooking philosophy of “minimal effort, for maximum impact”.
For a step-by-step video tutorial you can watch my demo below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) and never miss a recipe! New videos post each Saturday!
SHOP THIS EPISODE: (These links go to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
- For an extra fancy, swirly twirly mousse I love to use the 2D tip by Wilton. It comes in this little tip set which includes 3 other great tips as well.
- I love to serve this mousse in a classic champagne coupe. It’s one of my favorite glasses for serve fancy desserts or ice creams in because it instantly elevates anything simple into something elegant. And you can use them to serve champagne or punch in as well!
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream or whipping cream
- ½ cup (50 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (75 g) powdered sugar
- 8 oz (230g) whipped cream cheese or regular brick cream cheese will work too
- ¼ cup (25 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 5-6 plain chocolate wafer cookies
- In an electric mixer whip together the heavy cream, unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Then don’t even bother to clean out your mixing bowl. This is what makes this so easy!
- Then beat the cream cheese until soft, slowly add the powdered sugar, in stages, mixing in-between additions. Once combined, add the vanilla and beat to combine.
- The remove the bowl from your mixer, and fold in the cream cheese mixture into to the chocolate whipped cream mixture, combining the two well.
- Transfer to a pastry bag, fitted with a Wilton 2D tip, and pipe mousse into your serving glasses. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Put cookies into Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin until fine crumbs form. Top each mousse with a sprinkle of crushed cookie crumbs and serve!