If you’re looking for an easy Father’s Day recipe that will wow a crowd, look no further! My Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches are sure to do the trick. Made with an easy homemade teriyaki marinade that will take you minutes to put together, these sandwiches will become your new summer favorites!
You can watch my step-by-step video tutorial below. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!)
SHOP THIS EPISODE: (These links go to Amazon where I am an affiliate)
Glasslock Marinating Dish I love this little container for marinating meat or traveling a side dish for a potluck. Once you start buying Glasslock products you’ll never settle for anything else 🙂 they are the best!
Walnut Boos Board The size of this board makes it easy to whip out for quick chopping, but I also think it’s so beautiful too that I use it as a serving platter too! Great for outdoor entertaining.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THESE SANDWICHES:
These sandwiches pair beautifully with my easy corn salad or Horseradish potato salad. For dessert you can’t go wrong with my foolproof peach cobbler or a batch of my double chocolate chunk cookies! Treat Dad right this year!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY! xx Beth
- For Teriyaki Marinade:
- 1 Cup (240 ml) of Water
- ⅓ cup ( 60 g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) of soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) honey
- 2 garlic glove
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh grated ginger
- For Sandwiches:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 whole wheat honey buns
- Lettuce of choice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey mustard + ¼ cup mayonnaise
- In a large sauce pan combine all ingredients for the teriyaki sauce and allow to simmer for 10 mins for the flavors to marry. Allow to cool completely otherwise the hot marinade will “cook” your chicken!
- Pour the marinade in a dish and place chicken breasts on top, making sure chicken is coated on all sides with the marinade. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight even better!
- Oil your grill well and then heat to medium high. Grill chicken 6-8 mins on each side until cooked through. You can grill pineapple rings at the same time 3-4 mins each side.
- To assemble. Combine the mayonnaise and honey mustard to create a honey mustard mayo spread. Dollop spread on bottom and top of grilled buns.
- Place lettuce on bottom bun, add grilled chicken, top with pineapple, slice sandwiches in half. Et voila! Dinner is served!
- Serve with a fresh corn salad or potato salad.