I love this corn salad recipe because it’s so easy to whip up for summer get togethers or if you need a summery side dish to bring to a backyard BBQ or summer potluck!
For a step-by-step tutorial on this recipe and the shrimp rolls you can watch my video demo here. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and never miss a recipe (it’s free!)
- 8 Ears Fresh Corn, husked
- 1 cup (240 ml) cherry tomatoes, diced in half
- 1 cup (240 ml) orange bell peppers, diced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Juice of 1 lime or 1 tsp (5 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) dried tarragon
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Blanch corn in boiling water for 5 mins. Remove and allow to cool. Slice corn off the cob and transfer to a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes and peppers.
- In a small bowl add red wine vinegar, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper, and combine. Slowly add olive oil whisking all the while.
- Keep dressing covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Moments before serving, pour dressing over the salad, add basil and toss.