If you are looking for a great Easter Brunch entree that is as elegant as it is delicious, my Cheesy Herby Egg Bake Casserole is the ticket! It’s the perfect thing to serve because it can be made in advance and then baked off right as guests arrive.
It can be baked in a large skillet and will easily feed 6-8 guests. If feeding a crowd just make two. I love this recipe because it has the more delicate texture. It’s somewhere between a souffle and a cake. It also doesn’t have any of the heavy edginess that a frittata might have.
It pairs beautifully with broiled asparagus and my Foolproof Roasted Potato Recipe
Broiled asparagus is so easy! Just toss a bunch with a drizzle of olive oil, add salt and pepper and place under the broiler for 5-7 mins et voila!
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe you can watch my video below!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (it’s free!) new videos post each Saturday!
- 10 Eggs
- 12 ounces (340 g) of ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of melted butter + 1 tbsp (15 ml) for greasing skillet
- ⅓ cup (40 g) of flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup (90 g) of finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (90 g) goat cheese crumbles
- ½ cup (120 ml) mixed fine herbs (dill, parsley, chives)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Mix together the eggs and the ricotta cheese until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and pepper, and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Stir in parmesan and goat cheese, and fresh herbs.
- Pour batter into 12 inch (30 cm) oven safe skillet that has been greased. Bake for 20 mins until set. Serve with roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus. Or a nice tossed salad!