When the wind is still blowing and spring feels months away, that’s when I love to whip up my Banana Bread Pudding recipe.
It’s such an easy recipe to prep in advance, keep in your fridge and then pop in the oven once guests sit down to dinner.
I also think there’s something really elegant about serving individual portions in stylish ramekins. I love this style for the size and raised polka dot motifs. You can find them here in my Amazon Shop (This link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
I also love to serve these with a little lightly whipped cream on the side.
Make sure it’s still pourable so don’t whip the cream too much, because it makes for a really fantastic complement to the warm bread puddings to have that cool, lightly sweetened whipped cream. Since the puddings are piled high, it’s easiest to pour the cream in once you’ve taken a few bites!
For a step-by-step demo of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel (its free!) and never miss a recipe. New videos posted weekly!
LOOKING FOR MORE COMFORT FOOD DESSERTS?
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (25 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 6 cups (1425 ml) heavy rustic bread, cut into ½ cubes
- ⅓ cup (50 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- Spray ramekins with baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl mash banana with a potato masher, or fork, until pureed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, then add cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Add banana puree and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Scoop out mixture with an ice cream scoop and place in ramekins until full and bread cubes are piled on top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins until custard is cooked through, and no liquid appears when puddings are pressed down and bread cubes are toasted and golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with lightly whipped cream.
1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
1 tbsp (7 g) powdered sugar
½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and whip on high with an electric mixer until soft peaks form and cream is still pourable. Transfer to a small pitcher or gravy boat and serve with the puddings.