Back-to-School can turn even the best planned mornings into chaos! Especially around getting everyone fed and out the door. That’s why I love these 3 Mini Egg Stratas in a Muffin Tin. I find a muffin tin breakfast is a Mom’s best friend. You can make so many fun things in them! The ideas are endless!
I love his idea for Back-to-School because you can make a big batch of these on Sunday and freeze for the week ahead! You can also switch up the toppings to allow everyone their favorite combos. It’s really easy since they all use the same batter, so just add the toppings as you like, and then pour the batter on top!
These work really well in a tulip muffin papers. In fact I think they are better that way because it will allow for a bigger muffin and will prevent the egg from spilling over as it cooks. You can find them here online (this link goes to Amazon where I am an affiliate partner)
As the months turn colder there’s nothing quite like a warm breakfast and let’s face it how much oatmeal can one really eat? There’s something about the crispy bread, the cheesy topping and custardy egg underneath that just makes these such a winner for a breakfast on the go! They also freeze and re-heat beautifully too!
For a full step-by-step demo of this recipe you can watch my video demo below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE and never miss a recipe! (It’s free and new videos post each Saturday!)
Need more Back-To-School Recipe ideas? How about my Greek Yogurt Panna Cotta, or 3 Lunchbox Ideas made from leftovers, or my Feed Me Fast Chicken (a great dinner idea when everyone is hangry and you need to feed the troops in a hurry!)
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) of heavy cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 lb (450 g) of bread (Italian Loaf, French Bread) cut into 1” cubes
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) Grated Cheddar Cheese + 1 jalapeno, Diced
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) Grated Mozzarella Cheese + 12 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered + 2 tbsp (30 ml) Herbs de Provence
- 3 slices of Swiss Cheese+ 4 slices Black Forrest Ham + 2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly snipped Chives
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin papers. I really like these Tulip Papers you can find on Amazon http://amzn.to/2et5d10
- Whisk together the egg batter. Transfer to a Pyrex pitcher for easy pouring. Fill each well with the bread cubes and the fillings of your choice, yop with egg batter covering the bread and coming to the top of a tulip paper or ¾ of the way full if using a regular muffin paper.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until puffed up and golden brown. Serve immediately or allow to cool and freeze for up to 1 month. Microwave on high for :30-:45 secs or until warmed through.
Cooked Bacon + Cheddar Cheese
Cooked Italian Sausage + Asiago Cheese + Dried Oregano
Goat Cheese + Fresh Dill + Fresh Parsley